When it comes to competition day, what tactics do you use to ensure your best performance?
Here are 5 recommendations.
1) Be conscious of your own and others' expectations, as well as your emotional reactions to them.
2) To sustain optimal motivation and performance, set challenging yet achievable goals for yourself.
3) Consult with your parents/family, friends, spouse, and others on how they can best support you leading up to, and during competition.
4) Learn from the experiences of other athletes and speak with people who have previously navigated comparable competitions and preparations.
5) Keep an optimistic attitude, block or minimise negative ideas, and believe in your ability and resources to overcome the challenge.
These strategies contribute to the development of self-belief and confidence, which are the foundations of your performance.